The online world makes all things possible nowadays, from investing in stocks, doing business, and even managing a multi-billion company. So how can you make money online using legit means? There are many ways you can make good money online. And believe it or not, you can earn a living in the comfort of your home, be your own boss, and spend quality time with your family.
However, as much as there are many online jobs, there are also a lot of scammers that don’t pay well or worse, don’t pay you at all. So, how do you know which ones are legit?
In this post, you’ll learn great ways to legitimately make money online.
1. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing aims to generate revenue wherein you (the affiliate) can get paid by referring a product or service to your site visitors or audience. Manufacturers or sellers of these products and services reward affiliates for each customer you bring into their website.
William J. Tobin patented the concept of online affiliate marketing. He is the founder of PC Flowers & Gifts. His business generated over $6 million in sales per year because of the Prodigy service, which provided commission on sales generated to the Prodigy Network.
Affiliate marketing includes the merchant, retailer, brand, advertiser, or seller who creates and sells the product. The affiliate program handles the payments and affiliate offers, such as Amazon Associates. The affiliate or publisher is you, the one who will market the merchant’s products to the consumers through your site. Affiliates can use digital marketing strategies such as paid search engine marketing or Pay Per Click (PPC), search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, and email marketing.
Here’s how to kickstart an affiliate marketing business online from scratch:
● Find A Product Or Brand You Want To Promote: Choose a product or brand that you believe in. It’s a good idea to try the product to gain insights and experience using them. Find a product that’s related to your website. For instance, if your blog is about cars, you can promote products that are directly or indirectly related to cars, such as car accessories, car insurance, car events, and driving holidays.
● Search For An Affiliate Program Offered By Certain Brands: The top affiliate programs this year include Amazon Associates, ShareASale, eBay Partner Network, ClickBank, PartnerStack, CJ Affiliate, and Fiverr Affiliates Program. Amazon Associates is an excellent platform chosen by many affiliates because it’s a popular marketplace worldwide with millions of products you can choose to promote. Your job would center on bringing new clients to the site, and Amazon takes care of the sales process and warms up your leads.
● Get A Link: Once you have signed up and chosen products to market on your website, you’ll get a special link. The merchant can track the customers who clicked your link and bought products using the link, so you’ll get a commission.
● Market The Products: Now, you can start marketing the products you have chosen by writing relevant content and using different digital marketing strategies that work for the type of niche and products you’re endorsing on your website. Do you want to learn more about affiliate marketing? Ryan Stewart gives great examples in this article with affiliate marketing as a great way to make money online.
2. Freelance Writing
Do you have a passion for writing blogs, articles, academic papers, or anything under the sun? If you do, then freelance writing is a great choice to start your online career. All you need is a laptop or desktop computer, a reliable internet connection for research and submission, and your intelligence.
Here are some examples of freelance writing websites you can try:
● Upwork: It’s formerly called Odesk. This marketplace is a popular job-hunting site for freelance writers. You can bid on projects and gain clients as you build a good reputation on the site.
● FlexJobs: This job board is a paid subscription site that allows writers to find writing gigs and clients. All freelance job listings are verified to prevent scams.
● Iwriter: For newbies, this freelance website is a smart choice. Before you can start to gain new clients, you need to fill out a form and finish writer prompts. Writers have levels, and their pay depends on their current level.
● Guru: Create your writing profile and attach a sample of your work in Guru so potential clients can see what type of content you write.
● BloggingPro: Freelancers can access this site to apply for writing jobs for free. It’s a dedicated site that helps businesses source freelance writers.
3. Online Selling
You’ve probably tried selling some old stuff you don’t use anymore, such as clothes, shoes, or gadgets on eBay. How was the experience? If you like the idea of selling online, then this is a great way to make legitimate money online.
First, you have to start from scratch to learn the ins and outs of eCommerce. So, why not start selling old stuff you have at home? In this way, you can test your selling skills and ability to manage customer complaints as they arise with a few items you sell.
Eventually, you can put up your eCommerce store. But before you launch your eCommerce shop, know the products that will be appealing to your target audience so you know what products to sell. You can stick with a niche that you’re highly knowledgeable or passionate about. For instance, if you love fashion, you can sell accessories and other trending and fashionable items online.
Here are some tips and tricks when selling online:
● Produce Your Own Products: You can also produce your own products to sell in your stores, such as fancy jewelry, beaded items, woodwork pieces, and other handmade products. Of course, always consider the scalability of your business operations, especially during the peak season. You might need to hire part-time workers to produce bespoke items if you choose to manufacture your own products to sell online.
● Pick The Right eCommerce Platform: It’s important to have a strong web presence so consumers can see the products you’re selling. When it comes to choosing the best eCommerce platform, you can either set up your own business website or list your items on an established marketplace, like eBay, Etsy, or Amazon. For a beginner, it’s faster to learn about online selling using major marketplaces. All you have to do is to sign up for a seller account and start listing your products for sale. Eventually, you can establish your business website, so you don’t need to pay for listing fees and so you can learn how to build your online identity.
● Drive More Effort To Make Your Site More Appealing: If you want to be a successful online seller, you need to regularly perform market research, which is important in determining the changing needs and wants of consumers. Write stellar and easy to understand product descriptions to bring out the best features of your products. Hiring a professional photographer is also important, so your product images are high-quality. Also, allow customers to rotate and zoom items on your online store so they can appreciate the beautiful details and durability of your products. Finally, make sure that your site is fast, mobile-friendly, secure, and user-friendly.
4. Polls And Surveys
It’s possible to earn extra money by participating in surveys. All you have to do is patiently answer the polls and earn points to earn money. You can increase your chances of earning more money when you sign up and answer more surveys.
Here are the top legitimate sites that offer extra money for answering surveys:
● InboxDollars: This survey site is legitimate, paying participants real cash for various online activities. Tasks include completing online surveys. You can sign up for email newsletters and offers to earn cash rewards.
● Prize Rebel: Get paid with surveys or polls you answer and earn extra points by taking daily challenges. Prize Rebel pays via Bitcoin, PayPal, or reward incentives.
● Vindale Research: This is one of the longest-running online survey sites, which pays up to $5 per product testing. The site has a shop where you can use your earnings because they’re also an Amazon affiliate.
● Swagbucks: It’s free to join Swagbucks. You’ll need to fill out surveys and earn Swagbucks points that you can cash out through PayPal. You can also redeem your points as gift cards for Amazon.com and other online stores. It takes around ten minutes to complete each survey.
5. Social Media Marketing
Social media technology is rapidly growing, and businesses today recognize the importance of building a social media presence. That’s why social media specialists are in demand. These experts develop and implement public relations initiatives, digital communications plans, and digital marketing campaigns through social media channels, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
If you love the idea of social media marketing, you can pursue a Facebook Ad certification and use your credentials as proof that you know how to market products and services using the Facebook Ads manager.
Here are the top social media jobs you might want to consider:
● Promotions Manager: You will be responsible for creating paid media strategies. Also, you will be purchasing incentives. Some examples include sweepstakes, sales, contests, coupons, and special gifts.
● Account Manager: Your job will entail working with department heads within a company, agency, or organization. You’ll be the main point of contact for clients, creative teams, social media teams, and other team members in executing different social media marketing strategies.
● Art Director: You’ll be responsible for all types of advertisements on social media, including staging photoshoots, and video marketing for social media campaigns.
● Copywriter: If you have a knack for writing, you can apply as a copywriter who will be in charge of writing appealing and engaging content for social media posts.
6. Forex Trading
A Forex trader refers to an individual who trades on Forex or bets on behalf of financial institutions or private individuals who want to invest in stocks. You can also choose to be an independent trader. In short, you will be the forefront player of your clients as they entrust their money to you. You can earn a good salary through Forex trading without spending too much money.
You can sell and buy stocks on behalf of your clients online, even without leaving your home. But how can you become a successful Forex trader? Here’s how:
● Learn The Craft: You can learn to trade by reading trusted sites about Forex trading. Also, it helps to mingle with other Forex traders via online forums and social media channels to get an idea of how they do trading. Research on the best trading tools you can use to attain your goals.
● Don’t Expect Much: You’ve probably heard many rags-to-riches stories in Forex trading. However, those successful individuals took a long time to land where they are right now. Be willing to put in the work and be patient.
● Know The Risks: It’s important to assess your capital and read some testimonials of other traders. By doing so, you can set realistic expectations of the money you can earn from Forex trading. Prepare to lose as much as you are prepared to earn good money.
● Think Of Effective And Proven Forex Trading Strategies: Think of the best Forex trading strategy you can use to avoid over-trading and wasting everybody’s money.
● Don’t Bet If It’s Considered A Dead End: Don’t deceive yourself like other traders do. If it’s already a dead end according to general rules of Forex trading, then stop trading. Traders see opportunities to make more money in Forex to reach their financial goals.
The Internet world will never fade, and it’s growing bigger and better every day, providing tons of opportunities for those who want to earn money from anywhere at any time. With creativity and a reliable computer and internet connection, you can start making legitimate money online.
You can become an online content writer and show the power of your pen, an affiliate marketer, a social media advertiser, a graphic designer, or an online seller. Also, you can participate in online surveys and polls, or trade in Forex to earn legitimate money online. It’s all a matter of finding legitimate and reliable ways to make money online.